When deciding between the first generation and second generation of AirPods, there are key differences to keep in mind. The most obvious difference is that the second generation features a new H1 chip that offers a faster and more stable connection with your iPhone or iPad.
Differences Between: airpods 1st gen vs 2nd gen
- The 2nd generation of AirPods has an upgraded H1 chip which offers a more stable and seamless connection with Apple devices as well as a 50% reduction in latency.
- The 2nd generation of AirPods features an “always-on” Hey Siri function, allowing users to activate Siri without pressing any buttons.
- The new H1 chip also offers a 2x faster connection speed when switching between devices.
- The 2nd generation of AirPods features an improved design with a shorter stem and a new matte finish.
- The new AirPods also feature an upgraded charging case that offers more than 24 hours of battery life and is compatible with Qi-standard wireless chargers.
- The 2nd generation of AirPods features an improved fit and seal thanks to the new ear tips available in three different sizes.
- The new AirPods offer improved sound quality thanks to the new H1 chip, which provides better noise cancellation and enhanced audio processing.
- The 2nd generation of AirPods are sweat and water-resistant, making them ideal for use during workouts or in any other situation where they come into contact with moisture.
- The 2nd generation of AirPods is priced at $199, which is $20 more than the original AirPods.
In-depth Review of AirPods 1st gen
- They’re much more affordable – The first gen AirPods are cheaper than the second-gen model, making them a great choice if you’re on a budget.
- They’re still a great option – Even though they’re not the newest model, the first gen AirPods are still a great option and offer many of the same features as the unique model.
- They don’t have the new H1 chip – One of the most significant differences between the first and second-gen AirPods is the new H1 chip. This chip offers improved performance and efficiency, but if you don’t need it, you may be better off sticking with the first-gen model.
- They don’t have hands-free Siri – Another new feature of the second-gen AirPods is hands-free Siri. This means you can activate Siri without tapping the AirPods, which can be helpful if you’re doing something else.
- The sound quality is slightly different – The sound quality of the first and second-gen AirPods is very similar, but some people prefer the sound of the first-gen model.
- They have a shorter battery life – One downside of the first gen AirPods is that they have a shorter battery life than the second-gen model. This means you’ll need to charge them more
Review of 2nd gen
- The sound quality on the 2nd gen is noticeably better than the 1st gen- there’s more depth and richness to the audio.
- The 2nd gen also has an improved microphone for taking phone calls and recording voice memos, making it the better choice for business users.
- The design of the 2nd gen is more sleek and elegant, with a new glossy white finish that is sure to turn heads.
- The biggest downside to the 2nd gen is the price; at $159, they are $20 more expensive than the 1st gen.
- Another potential drawback is that the 2nd gen batteries are incompatible with the 1st gen- meaning you can’t swap them out if one dies on you.
- One final consideration is that the 2nd gen has yet to be released, so there may be some unknowns (e.g., reliability, bugs, etc.) that come with being an early adopter.
- The 2nd gen AirPods have better sound quality than the 1st gen
- The 2nd gen has an improved microphone quality
- The design of the 2nd gen is more sleek and elegant
- The price of the 2nd gen is $159
You are clear on the difference between the 1st and 2nd generation of AirPods. If you still have any questions, feel free to comment below.