Airpods 1st gen vs 2nd gen
When deciding between the first generation and second generation of AirPods, there are key differences to keep in mind. The most obvious difference is that the second generation features a new H1 chip that offers a faster and more stable connection with your iPhone or iPad.
Differences Between: airpods 1st gen vs 2nd gen
- The 2nd generation of AirPods has an upgraded H1 chip which offers a more stable and seamless connection with Apple devices as well as a 50% reduction in latency.
- The 2nd generation of AirPods features an “always-on” Hey Siri function, allowing users to activate Siri without pressing any buttons.
- The new H1 chip also offers a 2x faster connection speed when switching between devices.
- The 2nd generation of AirPods features an improved design with a shorter stem and a new matte finish.
- The new AirPods also feature an upgraded charging case that offers more than 24 hours of battery life and is compatible with Qi-standard wireless chargers.
- The 2nd generation of AirPods features an improved fit and seal thanks to the new ear tips available in three different sizes.
- The new AirPods offer improved sound quality thanks to the new H1 chip, which provides better noise cancellation and enhanced audio processing.
- The 2nd generation of AirPods are sweat and water-resistant, making them ideal for use during workouts or in any other situation where they come into contact with moisture.
- The 2nd generation of AirPods is priced at $199, which is $20 more than the original AirPods.
In-depth Review of AirPods 1st gen
- They’re much more affordable – The first gen AirPods are cheaper than the second-gen model, making them a great choice if you’re on a budget.
- They’re still a great option – Even though they’re not the newest model, the first gen AirPods are still a great option and offer many of the same features as the unique model.
- They don’t have the new H1 chip – One of the most significant differences between the first and second-gen AirPods is the new H1 chip. This chip offers improved performance and efficiency, but if you don’t need it, you may be better off sticking with the first-gen model.
- They don’t have hands-free Siri – Another new feature of the second-gen AirPods is hands-free Siri. This means you can activate Siri without tapping the AirPods, which can be helpful if you’re doing something else.
- The sound quality is slightly different – The sound quality of the first and second-gen AirPods is very similar, but some people prefer the sound of the first-gen model.
- They have a shorter battery life – One downside of the first gen AirPods is that they have a shorter battery life than the second-gen model. This means you’ll need to charge them more
Review of 2nd gen
- The sound quality on the 2nd gen is noticeably better than the 1st gen- there’s more depth and richness to the audio.
- The 2nd gen also has an improved microphone for taking phone calls and recording voice memos, making it the better choice for business users.
- The design of the 2nd gen is more sleek and elegant, with a new glossy white finish that is sure to turn heads.
- The biggest downside to the 2nd gen is the price; at $159, they are $20 more expensive than the 1st gen.
- Another potential drawback is that the 2nd gen batteries are incompatible with the 1st gen- meaning you can’t swap them out if one dies on you.
- One final consideration is that the 2nd gen has yet to be released, so there may be some unknowns (e.g., reliability, bugs, etc.) that come with being an early adopter.
- The 2nd gen AirPods have better sound quality than the 1st gen
- The 2nd gen has an improved microphone quality
- The design of the 2nd gen is more sleek and elegant
- The price of the 2nd gen is $159
You are clear on the difference between the 1st and 2nd generation of AirPods. If you still have any questions, feel free to comment below.